Thursday 2 May 2013

Review: Guerlain Parure Compact Foundation with Crystal Pearls SPF 20


(photo credit to nordstrom.com)

As you can see from the picture above, the powder refill is stored in a very elegant gold case.

This powder foundation is probably one of the best powder foundation I have ever used.

Like its name 'foundation with crystal pearls', the pressed powder foundation is with subtle light-reflecting particles. The powder is very fine--as finely milled as chanel's powder; the particles are very subtle that you cannot see it on the pan with a certain distance.

Because the powder is very finely milled, it does not sink into the fine line on my undereye area. It covers up my dark circles and light acne scars, hides my menstrual acnes, and of course, it evens out my skin tone beautifully.

When you touch the pan, you can feel how silky and fine the powder is.

After hours of applying this powder foundation, there's a glow showing on my face. I believe it's the help of the 'crystal pearls'.

What is good about this powder foundation, is that I can buy a refill here in Canada. There are very few brands have refill available. So I really appreciate it.

However, there are some cons with this powder.

It's very expensive. It's not as expensive as Chanel or Dior. But the refill is the price of Diorskin flawless pact, and 1.5 times more expensive than shiseido &clinique powder foundations.

The contents are so small, it has only 9 gram!! Comparing to other brands with 10 grams at least in the pan, and Chanel 's powder foundation comes in 13 grams, this is a incredibly expensive powder foundation.

There's a very suble scent that I do not enjoy. Though it's suble, it's there.

I must say, Gurlain's products are great. But they all contain the scents I dislike. I do not understand why French brands like to parfume their products so much......

Also, the shade selections are very limit. It has only neutral and pink undertoned available, but not yellow or olive undertoned. There's shade #32 available in Asia for yellow undertoned fair light skin. I wish they bring it here someday.

All in all, the powder foundation works everything as it claims and it has spf 20, pa++, which is also a big plus. However the price is high, and the powder has only 9 g available, which makes it more expensive. I will keep buying it by redeeming my hbc reward points because it gives me the most beautiful skin.



No comments:

Post a Comment