Sunday 25 August 2013

Reveiw: KATE Concealing Cover Powder Foundation

(photo courtesy: Adambeauty.com)
Japanese foundations are famous for their coverage and sun protection facts. I always use a liberal amount of sunscreen before any makeup. It seems that Japanese powder foundations are usually get alone well with any sunscreens. This Kate Concealing Cover Powder Foundation is no exception.

I remember years ago when I bought Kate powder foundation first time, I was not very impressed by its quality. The powders were chalky and the shade did not match well. The foundation seem to oxidize.

Kanebo Corporation has been improving a lot over the years with with every products, especially their drugstore foundations (Note: Kate is owned by Kanebo). Somehow Kanabo has become one of my favorite Japanese cosmetics company. The powders become creamier and softer. The shades matches better and the rate of oxidation is almost zero.

The shade I got this time is BE-C. It's matches perfectly with my skin tone. I also got a OC-B, will try it later.  Japanese BE shade has a truly yellow under tone, which conceals the redness and imperfections very well. I also found the BE hue to be lighter than OC tone.


The finish of this powder foundation is a satin finish. It's not as powdery or matte looking like other powder foundations I have tried. It gives you a youthful and healthy look. The staying power is excellent, never oxidize, no transfer and it stays on face for more than 6 hours.

I have a normal to dry skin in the winter and normal to combination in the summer. At this time of year in Canada (I started using this powder foundation from May to August), this powder foundation performs well on my skin. I am a lazy person to do touch up and I don't not feel I need do it most of the time. This powder foundation does not require me to touch it up either.

I don't  feel dry when wearing this powder foundation at all. Japanese powder foundations seem to be more moist and cater to more different skin types, while most western brands powder foundations are for oilier skins.

I tried to use Olay sensitive moisturizer spf 30, Clarins mineral sunscreen spf 40 and Loreal ombrelle spf 50 before applying this powder foundation and they all work well with this powder foundation.

I apply this powder foundation with TBS extra minerals powder foundation brush and it gives a flawless finish in 30 seconds.

Overall, I am very pleased with this powder foundation. I wish KATE does not discontinue this powder foundation soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment