Wednesday 27 March 2013

Review: Cle de Peau powder foundation

Cle de Peau belongs to Shiseido company, and the prices are almost twice more expensive than average department store products. This powder foundation (REFILL ONLY) retails at $95 CAD plus tax. The sponge and case are sold separately.



The powder foundation has no spf in it, which is a big disadvantage to me. However the US version shows that it has spf 21 in it.

Both shade I10 and O10 are too pink to me; while BF 20 and O 20 are too dark for me. There’s no perfect shade match to my skin though this powder foundation is supposed to be suitable for Asian skins.

The powder texture is fine and smooth, but not as finely milled as Clarins’ everlasting powder foundation. The coverage is great. It can cover up menstrual acnes without problem. Nontheless it’s too dry for my under eye area, it accentuates fine lines.

I expect more on a powder foundation with such high price tag, but it seems that it does nothing special to me. There are so many products which cost 1/3 of its price do better jobs. Though it covers up really well, it is not hydrating enough for my under eye area. What is worse is that it offers no UVA/UVB protection to me. I do not think I will spend so much money again on an OK product.

No comments:

Post a Comment