Tuesday 26 March 2013

Review: Diorskin Forever Compact Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup SPF 25

--> I love powder foundations more than liquid or cream foundations. To me it's essential that a powder foundation has spf in it though I never put makeup on without sunscreen as base. I prefer powder foundation with high coverage since I normally do not use concealer.

The diorskin's compact caught my attention when it was released in 2011. As a powder foundation junkie, I do not hesitate to try any powder foundation with spf & high coverage. I got shades in 010, 021 and 023 since I had some rewards to redeem at the bay. The compact foundation retails at$49 plus tax in Canada.


My thoughts on diorskin flawless compact:

1. It has a wide range of color selection for powder foundations. 020 claims to be neutural undertone; 021 is for golden undertone ; 023 leans towards to peachy while 022 is more pink undertone.

2. Though shade 023 claims to be peachy beige, it does not look super peachy on my skin. Actually it looks as natural as shade 021 on my Asian olive undertone skin. I have never tried shade 020 though many people use this shade. I use 010 to put on my undereye area to create a three-dimentional face.

3. Texture: The texture is extremely fine. When you touch the pan with your finger, you feel it's very buttery and creamy-- almost like a cream to powder foundation feel. When you apply it to your face, you do not feel it dry or powdery at all.

4. The finish: The finish is very beautiful after one hour of applying. It looks a little bit heavy when I first apply it on. However as the time passed, it looks as you naturally have flawless skin. Not super glowy or matte at all. I've gotten many compliments on my skin with this powder.

5. The lasting power is good in winter time with my normal to dry skin. When I did it in summer time, it did not looks as impressive as in winter time. I guess it's because I get oily t-zone in the summer. I also use it as under eye concealor. It conceals very well. However, as time goes by, it tend to slightly accentuate fine line under my right eye area.

Overall, it's a good powder foundation for people with normal to dry skin. It has flawless coverage as it claims. It covers dark circle and menstrual acnes. It does not look heavy. It's a good powder foundation to wear for some special occasions. Personally I do not touch up my makeup and the powder stays well around 6 hours. It has spf 25 and pa++ to build up the protection from sun damage. I feel I am protected when I put sun screen with powder foundation at the same time. All in all, it's a greate powder foundation with high coverage and decent hydration. It performs the best on dry skin in dry climates.




No comments:

Post a Comment