Tuesday 26 March 2013

Review: Clarins everlasting compact foundation spf 15


Clarins is famous for its body products, and its cosmetics seem to be less known by the public. If I am not a powder foundation junkie and always look for new items to try, I probably will not notice that Clarins has powder foundation.

 

If memory serves me right, it was released in 2011. The price was around $34, and the price rises up to $38 CAD plus tax this year.

There are 4 shades available in Canada. The lightest shade, 105 nude, seems to be slightly darker and more pink than my skin tone.

The active ingredient of this powder foundation is 3% of titanium oxide. The physical sun screen protection can be good to everyone. However the powder has slight scent to it, which I am not fond of.

 

The powder has an ultra-fine and silky-soft texture though it’s not as creamy as Diorskin flawless compact. Like all high end powder foundation, the powder is so finely milled that you can glide your finger on the pan smoothly and pick the right amount of powder on your finger.

Almost all powder foundation can be used both wet and dry. I personally do not apply powder foundations on skin with wet sponge, rather, I prefer to use brushes to apply.

The powder foundation offers medium to full coverage. It really gives me a flawless look. When first applied on, it looks very matte. After about 3 hours of applying it, it comes with some luminous finish, but the finish is still matte and well-made look. It looks like that you have been spending more than one hour on your makeup, but actually you just apply one layer of powder foundation.

It’s not a hydrating powder foundation to me, but it’s not dry either. It last quite long to me--up to 6 hours. I have never tried to wear any makeup up to 15 hours, so I cannot say if it really lasts that long. But it is definitely a long lasting powder.

If you have to prepare yourself for an important party or meeting in a short time with flawless skin look, the everlasting compact powder foundation can be your best choice. With its slightly dry texture, I would recommend it to normal to combination to oily skin.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment