Wednesday 25 September 2013

I may find a dupe for Cle de Peau loose powder (old)

I love the old Cle de Peau loose powder which was stored in a square shaped box. It had a very beautiful lavender (or pink) tone with some very fine shimmers which makes your skin look luminous but not shine. It was not dry at all. I believe that powder suits everybody since it does not have the same dull white matte look as the new version. Unfortunately the old loose powder was discontinued about 4 years ago and the price has become more and more expensive.

Clarins has released new loose powder this year and the packaging is a lot better than CdP. It was much easier to control  how much to use  and the jar looks elegant. It comes with a quality puff, but not as thick and soft as CdP (remember we have to pay extra money for CdP puff).

The new loose powder from Clarins reminds me a lot of the old CdP loose powder. Actually I think it is much better than CdP. The package is better and the finish is more beautiful and the lasting power is better. The price of Clarins loose powder is reasonable ($47 for 30 g) comparing to CdP which retails for more than $125 CAD.

So far the only con I find with Clarins is that the powder has the same light scent as its everlasting powder which I am not fond of. Otherwise it's a fantastic powder with a reasonable price.

No comments:

Post a Comment