Tuesday 30 April 2013

Reveiew: Kanebo Freshel powder foundation spf 30

There are two types of (pressed) powder foundation in Kanebo Freshel's line. One is the brightening one with spf 30, pa +++, while the other is the moisturizing one with spf 25, pa++.

This product has been released for many years. It's a drugstore brand with very affordable price. Personally I do not believe in any brightening effect in cosmetics, but I like the high spf in it.

Japanese and Korean powder foundations are famous for their high spfs. I do hope western brands can do more variety of powder foundation products with spf.

The powder has very high coverage with somewhat thick consistency. I am not sure if it's the right way of describing powder. But this powder is quite heavy. Even if I use brush to apply it lightly, I can feel its thick coverage.

If I put very emollient cream such as Clinique moisture surge underneath, it can make the makeup look a lot heavier. It looks like I top this powder with  many layers of cream foundation underneath.

I do not know if any person like this type of heavy makeup look nowadays. Like I said I prefer high coverage powder. I appreciate the medium to full coverage the powder offeres. But I do not want to look I have many makeup on but actually I have only a layer of powder foundation.

I think the powder foundation looks the best to apply on its own without too much skincare or sunscreen under it. It can actually work as sunscreen, cream foundation, concealer stick and powder --all in one in a powder.

It's a nice powder when I am in a hurry, without even 1 minute to apply sunscreen before it. But I still prefer to apply sunscreen before going out. The powder can also be good alternative makeup for those who are allergic to any type of liquid sunscreen and foundation.

With the very reasonable price (around $12 USDfor the refill) and large size (11g), and great coverage with high spf, Freshel powder foundation can be the best choice for anyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment