Tuesday 30 April 2013

Review:Kanebo Kate Powder Foundation SPF 20 PA++

(Photo credit to Adambeauty.com)


This is an older version of Kanebo Kate Powder foundation. I know newer version was released early this year. I also have mineral pressed powder foundation from Kate. Will review it later.

It's a powder foundation stored in a dark case. Kate is Media's sister, they both are from Kanebo. Personally I prefer Kanebo's powder foundation over Shiseido. Sadly there's no Kanebo counter in Canada, but nowadays we can always get almost everything online.

The quality of Kanebo's drugstore brand products are high enough to please people who prefer to use higher end products. If I do blind testing on some of Kanebo's drugstore brand products, I may not be able to tell if they are from department stores or drugstores.

This powder foundation is a little bit dryer than Media's powder foundation. It's better for summer use. The coverage is slightly higher than Media's powder foundation. I have no complain about the staying power. It never transfers.

I am not sure if it controls oil because I do not have oily skin. But if it's a summer powder foundation, it is supposed to be able to do oil control. People with combination to oily skin may need some  touch- ups on t-zone in very warm summer days. Though I am ok with no touch ups.

However the price is highter than Media's powder foundation. The refill (11.5 g)its own is around $14 USD.

It works better than Kanebo's Freshel powder foundation but no too much difference between Kate powder foundation and Media.

No comments:

Post a Comment