Tuesday 30 April 2013

A store I will never shop at again.....

It takes long time to decide it. But I finally made this decidsion and threw my optimum card away.

No, I will never shop at shoppers drug mart anymore.

I used to be one of the loyal customers of shoppers. I enjoyed purchasing at 20 times points events. They even send me glow magazines each months and special gifts by the end of the year.

They offer cosmetics brands such as La Roche Posay, Avene and Vichy that are not sold at The Bay or Walmart.

Though the prices there in average are higher than other shops, I did not care too much. Because I could buy different types of products at once, got 20 times the points, and got freebies I want by redeeming the points.

What I was not happy about, and things made me furious, was the customer service at each store.

I understand that each stores are individually owned and not all of them carry all the products. Sales people may under pressure of comissions. But why cannot they treat people nicely when it comes to getting samples and returning some products?

I've received many coupons to get free trial sizes from Clinique and other brands.  One time I went to one of the shops with beauty boutique to spend my coupon, the sales lady told me it was not available at that time. I went there  a week after receiving the coupon, but she told me it was not available yet. I asked her when it would, she said she did not know.

I did not understand...... Why did shoppers issue something that was not available at the store? They said I could go to any shop where the brand is available. If it was not available at that time, why did not the sales lady get my information so that she could call me when it's available.
The Bay always ask for information and call right after they get the samples. Sales people at The Bay even give some other samples instead to let customers to try if certain products were not available?

Another thing that I dislike about shoppers is its return policy. I have never been returning a product that was open or used. But I do not know why shoppers is so tough at returning. They always find reasons to refuse to take things back. I know some shops may have limited items and they say they will have to ship it back somewhere. But they never explain to you anything nicely when it comes to returning. Shooprs head office told me that customers can basically return anything to any store. As far as I understand, according to Canadian law, customers can return anything not used in a month. Why shoppers always embarrass customers and make scenes when customers ask to return something?

Shoppers instore customer service does not always satisfy customers while Shoopers 1800 customers service is always nice. However I am tired of waiting in lines to complain about sales and stores.



No comments:

Post a Comment