Tuesday 30 April 2013

What is the best product for very dry skin?

Last past weeks I have been experiencing hard time on my skin. I got light eczema on hands and small dry patches on my face. My lips were extremely dry.

I do not know the reason which causes eczema. I suppose it's the weather and climate change. Some days are extremely dry and cold with snow (yes, April snow in Toronto) and some days are warm.

I tried the following products in extreme skin condition and have some brief thoughts on them.

1. Fresh Rose Mask:  Fresh - Rose Face Mask(Photo credit to Sephora.com)

I got the sample as one of the  freebies from sephora. I like the rose scent. It's not artificial. I think it's best for normal to dry skin, but not for extremely dry skin. I feel slightly burning stinging when apply it on my very dry skin. But it does not break me out. Good products for normal to dry skin, but not hydrating enough on extremly dry skin.

2.Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum:
(Photo credit to The Bay.com)

I have 3 small samples from gwps. I have been collecting them for sometime lol. The serum is very hydrating. What I like it the most is it has no overpowering scent at all. But I have to use large quantity of it because of my extreme skin condition. I can use up whole deluxe sample bottle at once (for your reference, the bottle was 7ml). I feel ok wihout cream after it. But I  have to use so much in order to feel hydrated. Good serum, but cost too much.
Wish to find a dupe.

3.Lancome Tonique Confort:
Tonique Confort Rehydrating comforting toner Dry skin_1(Photo credit to Thebay.com)

I bought it weeks ago. I know I cannot expect a toner to work as good as a hydrating cream or a serum. But there are so many good review on it and I hope to give it a try. It's a good hydrating toner with thick consistency which I like. It also has nice honey scent. It works good when my skin is in normal condition. But I feel slightly stinging if my skin is very dry.
Benefiance NutriPerfect ProFortifying Softener_1
4. Shiseido Benefiance Nutriperfect Pro-fortifying Softener:



(Photo credit to Thebay.com)

This softener has the same consistency as Lancome Tonique Confort. It's with slight scent. It works like hydrating serum. When my skin is normal I can apply 2 to 3 layers of it without cream afterwards. It's slightly more hydrating than Lancome Tonique Confort but a little bit less hydrating than Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair Serum. I can use it as a very light serum and toner. Good value.

5. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturing Lotion( Dry to Very Dry Formula): (Photo credit to Thebay.com)

Very good basic moisturing lotion. It works on my dry lips. No scent which I really appreciate!

6. Shiseido Bio-Performance Advanced Super Restoring Cream:

BioPerformance Advanced Super Restoring Cream_1(photo credit to thebay.com)

It's more thick formula than the revitalizing cream. Bio performance products are always famous for being hydrating and emollient. However the cream does not work wonder on me even on my normal skin, let alone my skin in extremely dry period. I dislike the scent of it. The cream is very expensive in Canada, it costs $140 plus tax. I do not think it's worth the money and I will not buy it again.

7. Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 Night Cream: Benefiance Wrinkleresist24 Night Cream_1(photo credit to The bay.com)

This is a much cheaper and better night cream than bio performance. The scent is also better than the bio performance one. It's quite emollient. Works good on me. But it's not hydrating enough without adding toner and serum before using it.

8. Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Night Emulsion: Benefiance Wrinkleresist24 Night Emulsion_1(Photo credit to The bay.com)

To my surprise, it works better than the cream ! It's hydrating enough by using its own. When I feel extremly dry on my skin with some special condition, I use it and top with the WrinkleResist24 Night Cream. They together work wonders! Good emulsion!



No comments:

Post a Comment