Thursday 22 August 2013

Make your own double wear and colorstay with drugstore foundations-Rimmel lasting finish foundation & Revlon photo ready & The body shop extra virgin mineral foundation

Though both of them (double wear and color stay)  are great foundation and very popular among youtubers, they just have too many cons that I dislike.

My ideal  foundation should be offering great coverage with great staying power, it should also have decent spf and not too matte finish. I know it's not possible to find a foundation like this. So I try to do my own mix and match. 

I first pick up Rimmel 25 hour foundation in 100 ivory. It's a really long wearing foundation with great coverage yet not matte finish. The foundation is packed in a tube which makes it easy to apply and portable. It's also very sanitary. The only downside is that it has no spf in it and the ingredients seems to be too complicated.   (photo courtesy http://ca-en.rimmellondon.com)

The second one I pick is Revlon photoready foundation spf 20. The active ingredients are titanium oxide and zinc oxide which are very effective in sun protection and also safe.  The shade I have is ivory, which is lighter than my nc 20 skin. This foundation has medium buildable coverage. It leaves your skin dewy and glowy. Also it comes with a pump! 
(photo courtesy: http://www.revlon.ca/)

The third one is The Body Shop extra virgin mineral liquid foundation. The Body Shop is not a drugstore brand, however it can be cheaper than drugstore foundations here in Canada. Since most of the drugstore foundations are over $14 CAD plus tax. I get this foundation when TBS has 3 for 10 promotion. The shade I use is golden ivory. But it's too dark and yellow for me. 

Click for enlarged view(photo courtesy: http://www.thebodyshop.ca)
I mix Rimmel: Revlon: TBS=1:1:1 and apply them on my face with my fingers. I found it give the best coverage. The three mixture gives full coverage and stay on very long. It does not transfer at all  to the end of the day. It does not make face look flat and matte, it gives a satin finish. It makes your skin look flawless and youthful. You also get perfect shade for your skin and some sun protection! 

I love this DIY and will try different combination with foundations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment