Thursday 22 August 2013

The cons of Estee lauder double wear or Revlon colorstay --how to improve and make your own

Estee lauder double wear and Revlon colorstay liquid are famous for their long staying power and great coverage. However these two foundations are not so appealing to me.

Firstly, I dislike their package without pump. I do not why, estee lauder is such a high end cosmetic company and a jar of 30ml liquid foundation costs $42 CAD plus tax, and they cannot even offer a pump for the most famous double wear? Revlon is also a high end drugstore liquid foundation which costs $16,99 CAD or sometimes 19,99 at shoppers, also offers no pump for its foundation.

Secondly, though the coverage is great, the finish is too matte. Don't get me wrong, I like matte finish foundation. But there are so many good powder foundation offers totally matte finish with great coverage (you guys know how many powder foundations I have tried), why should I spend so much time pouring the liquid out from a jar to make everything messy and  blending the foundation and set with loose powder? With powder foundation I just apply it and stipple it into my skin in a minutes and everything is done! They also look flawless on my skin and they are extreme long wear! No with the same effect, I do not want to spend extra time for that!

Third, there's no good spf in the liquid both liquid foundations. I know in the US revlon colorstay has spf 15 for dry skin and spf 6 for oily skin, but there's no spf for Canadians. Also, the double wear has only spf 10 on it. To me spf 10 means there's no sun protection at all because you can get minimal protection from sun by wearing spf 15. I just went to EL counter last week and found the newer version has no spf at all! Some people may say that spf leaves white cast on the flash photo, but personally I dislike flash photo so it is not a big problem for me.

Fourth, they seem to me too dry for my skin. I don't know why, but it seems that good powder foundations can even offer some moisture on the skin. They will not even sit on the fine lines under eyes. I have one old version el double wear, it really offers good coverage. But it seem to be too dry for me. It accentuate my fine line under eye which I dislike at all.

I know how people love el and revlon foundations, but they are just not for me. Therefore I decided to make my own "better version of double wear and colorstay", please read the next article.

No comments:

Post a Comment