Wednesday 28 August 2013

Review: Maybelline fit me pressed powder-A dupe for Cle de peau loose powder?

Fit Me™ Pressed Powder(photo courtesy: maybelline.ca)
Maybelline fit me pressed powder is not a new product. Somehow it did not impress me a lot when the first time I tried it. 

I have been search for a setting powder that does not mattify my skin. I found most powders tend to make my skin matte. 

Maybelline fit me pressed powder has some tiny tiny sparkles in it. It is almost difficult to detect it if you do not look it carefully. It does not make your face a disco ball but gives you a healthy young glowy skin. 

Fit me pressed powder comes in many shades. The texture is creamy. It does not have a dry or flaky feeling like some pressed powders. 

The packaging is quite "professional makeup" look. The pressed powder is stored in a square black case with mirror and puff inside. I do not use that puff comes with it, instead, I use The body shop mineral powder brush to apply this powder. 

The powder has light to medium coverage, depending on how you apply it. It's buildable and does cake on the skin. Because of its good coverage, you can even use it alone as a powder foundation. 

I use this pressed powder to set my Yves Rocher foundation and it does a really good job. It does not take away the beautiful glow of the foundation. The finish reminds me of cle de peau loose  powder. Though Maybelline's powder is not as finely milled as Cle de peau, it has the similar effect. 

The powder stays all day on my normal to dry skin. I think fit me foundation and powder are for dry skin types. I am not sure if people with combination to oily skin with enjoy this pressed powder since it does not mattify skin. 

To sum up, this pressed powder is for normal to dry skin types. If you like the finish of cle de peau's loose powder and do not want to spend another 150 cad like me for setting powder, this is your best choice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment