Wednesday 28 August 2013

How to: Make Revlon Nearly Naked covers better and less runny

In my previous review on Revlon nearly naked foundation, I mentioned some of the cons about it. I recently found a new way to apply it and to solve some of the problems.

1. Moisturize your skin.  Here I use Yves rocher hydrating toner and  Lancome blanc expert emulsion. Since it was a tasting home, I don't wear sunscreen. Hydrating Toner(photo courtesy: yvesrocher.ca)

2. Put a thin layer of powder with light coverage such as Loreal true match pressed powder; Yves Rocher loose powder or Yves Rocher matte comfort powder.


3. Apply Revlon nearly naked foundation with your fingers. Since there's a layer of powder, the liquid is less runny on your face, and it becomes easier to apply. It also have almost full coverage since there's a layer of powder with light coverage before.

However you have to blend it carefully. It becomes a little bit hard to blend because of the powder underneath. Foundation brushes can make blending easier than fingers.

4. Set it with transparent loose powder. I use Cle de Peau's loose powder. You can skip this step if you want. Because we put a layer of powder before the liquid foundation, it becomes not sticky on the face. I prefer the luminous effect CDP powder offers.

5. Now you get  better coverage and longer staying power with nearly naked foundation.

However, it takes much longer time to do apply your base makeup than usual. I feel that I can get the same effect in a minute by using Cover Girl aquasmooth or some powder foundations with good coverage.

But it's a good way to make some use of the foundation that I am not crazy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment