Monday 2 September 2013

Review: Gurlain Parure Pearly White compact foundation spf 20 pa++















Guerlain Parure Pearly White compact is not a new product. It has many different generations and I am not sure which generation I got. What I can be sure is that it's not the latest one. It's an Asia exclusive product and I bought it from Strawberrynet.

Housed in an elegant silver compact, this powder is slightly scented. There are 3 different types of compact. Guerlain claims that the silver compact has the brightening effect; while gold and black ones are more hydrating.

As you can see from the above picture, the compact has two parts. The upper one is the foundation while the bottom one is for highlighting. This design reminds me of RMK's compact foundation. The highlighting part of RMK's compact foundation is more shimmery while Gurlains' has a satin finish.




See how finely milled the powder is.



The above is the swatch of the powder and the highlighter. The left one is the highlighting powder, which reminds me of Shiseido luminizing satin face color inWT905.


I feel the powder is a little bit dry on my face. If I do not put enough moisturizer prior to applying for the foundation it can be a little bit cakey. But the cakiness is not obvious, only if you look at the face very closely can you notice that.

The coverage is above medium. It has the potential to be full coverage if you moisturize well your skin.


The shade 32 ambre cristal white is a light color with yellow under tone, which is best for nc 20 Asian people.


What I like about this compact is I can have both highlighter and foundation in a small portable compact. The great coverage with the spf are big plus to me since I do not apply any cream or liquid foundation before powder foundation. With the body shops' s mineral kabuki brush, it speeds up my makeup time. The sponge included in the compact does not work as well as brushes.

I think people with oily to combination would enjoy this powder foundation. However, people with normal to dry skin can wear it in the summer time--as long as you moisturize your skin well.


No comments:

Post a Comment